What We Are Following
Pain Reframed is an excellent resource that will help you understand current evidence and practice related to the field of pain. The hosts, Dr. Tim Flynn and Dr. Jeff Moore, discuss various factors contributing to pain and how clinicians can improve their understanding and roles in helping clients to manage it. They use a multi-disciplinary approach and often have guest speakers.
Click on: Pain Reframed for more!
Concussion Talk is an informative podcast lead by Nick Mercer, who provides personal insights regarding living with a brain injury, and interviews leaders in the field of concussion. From this podcast you can expect to learn more about current evidence and how to incorporate this into your practice.
Click on: Concussion Talk for more!
Guided Meditations is offered by UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center as a free introduction to guided mindful meditations for everyone. It includes podcasts and written transcripts in both English and Spanish.
Click on: Guided Meditations for more!
- Explain Pain (and Supercharged) by D.S. Butler & G.L. Moseley
- Back in Control by Dr. D. Hanscom
- An Occupational Therapist’s Guide to Sleep and Sleep Problems Edited by A. Green & C. Brown
Guidelines for low back pain & other conditions:
- Live Plan Be is Pain BC’s excellent website offering webinars, videos, articles, forums, and much more related to topics such as pain, anxiety, depression.
- Work Wellness and Disability Prevention Institute is a thoroughly informed website offering practical resources, strategies, webinars, articles, and much more related to a number of health conditions to facilitate safe and healthy maintenance or return to work.
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) is a series of free online education modules by the BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit. It has modules for promoting concussion awareness and management directed towards healthcare professionals, schools, coaches and parents.
- Brainstream.ca Learn is the BC Brian Injury Association’s website and is geared towards providing access to information for those who have acquired a brain injury, their family members and healthcare providers. They have many educational video’s and links to local resources.